What we do
The firm represents clients across the spectrum of industries including • academia • arts • cultural and entertainment • construction • consulting • engineering • food services • healthcare • high technology • hospitality • industry associations • manufacturing • government and non- governmental organizations (NGOs) • legal • post-secondary education • religious institutions • social service agencies • small business • sports • telecommunications.
At Capelle Kane we provide each client with individual attention and customize an immigration strategy that works to achieve both immediate and long-term objectives. We aim to simplify the process for our clients.
We take the time to learn about the people, the employers and the industries we represent. Our goal is to get your position across™.
By keeping ahead of government reforms to Canadian citizenship and immigration laws, our lawyers are able to offer guidance and support to satisfy the ever-changing immigration requirements.
Clients can always expect straightforward and timely answers from our immigration counsel through every step of the application process. Integrity is the cornerstone of how we do business.
We built our reputation as experts in the field of Canadian immigration law by delivering quality advice quickly and honestly and by standing behind the individuals and organizations we serve.
Our services involve:
- Facilitating the international mobility of business people, professionals, performing artists, business owner-operators and family members into Canada – including transfers of executives, managers and highly specialized employees
- Arranging for international workers and visitors to carry out business and employment activities in Canada
- Applying for Electronic Travel Authorization (“eTA”) for visa exempt foreign nationals seeking entry to Canada
- Advising on Canadian advertising requirements and recruitment strategies for work and immigrant visas including permanent Labour Market Impact Assessments and the new Express Entry program.
- Applying for Labour Market Impact Assessments (“LMIA”), formerly called Labour Market Opinions (“LMO”), under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (“TFWP”)
- Applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate (“CSQ”) for employers in Quebec
- Assisting employers in registering for the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC formerly CIC) Employer Portal and submitting an Offer of Employment (formerly IMM5802) for temporary foreign workers exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process (i.e. NAFTA, GATS, Intra-Company Transfers, Significant Benefits, International Experience Class, PNP Nominees, and Mobilité Francophone)
- Helping Canadian and foreign employers register urgently with the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Employer Portal, submit an Offer of Employment (IMM5802) and pay the employer compliance fee of $230.00 when a temporary foreign worker is detained or refused entry to Canada at a Canadian airport or land border crossing
- Representing employers in connection with Employer Inspections, Employer Compliance Reviews, Voluntary Disclosure of noncompliance and related foreign worker audits, where the imposition of penalties, suspensions and the revocations of LMIAs and/or work permits are at stake
- Providing advice and strategies for maintaining compliance with the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (“TFWP”) and International Mobility Program (“IMP”)
- Transitioning foreign workers and international students to permanent residence under the provincial nomination (PNP), Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker and Trades programs. Aiding with applications under Express Entry
- Assisting with the retention of permanent residence status by way of permanent resident (“PR”) card applications or visa office and port of entry determinations of compliance with residency obligations
- Advocating on inadmissibility to Canada because of criminal or medical histories or past breaches of the immigration rules
- Preparing Canadian citizenship and family class applications, including sponsorship of spouses, partners and dependent children
I want to offer sincere appreciation for your legal advice and assistance over the years. You have helped many of our employees find their way to Canada. I want to thank you for your exemplary service, professionalism and support.
Kent Flint, Former VP Human Resources, TechInsights
Phil Capelle has repeatedly proven himself to be a valued corporate immigration advisor. He has consistently delivered the expertise and soft skills required to enable the transition of foreign executives to Canadian corporations. These observations encompass my current and previous roles as CFO for a dozen early stage companies.
Working within the academic sector, we get added value from their expertise and understanding of academic applications. They are very pro-active in providing updates to relevant changes in immigration law offering a great resource for HR professionals. Capelle Kane provides top quality service!
Director Human Resources, Canadian University
Betsy helped my family and I immigrate to Canada. Betsy is an excellent support and very reliable source of information. The application was difficult owing to CIC program changes, but thanks to Betsy we successfully became permanent residents of Canada.
Dr. Irina Smirnova & Max Alsayar