What we do
The firm represents clients across the spectrum of industries including • academia • arts • cultural and entertainment • construction • consulting • engineering • food services • healthcare • high technology • hospitality • industry associations • manufacturing • government and non- governmental organizations (NGOs) • legal • post-secondary education • religious institutions • social service agencies • small business • sports • telecommunications.
At Capelle Kane we provide each client with individual attention and customize an immigration strategy that works to achieve both immediate and long-term objectives. We aim to simplify the process for our clients.
We take the time to learn about the people, the employers and the industries we represent. Our goal is to get your position across™.
By keeping ahead of government reforms to Canadian citizenship and immigration laws, our lawyers are able to offer guidance and support to satisfy the ever-changing immigration requirements.
Clients can always expect straightforward and timely answers from our immigration counsel through every step of the application process. Integrity is the cornerstone of how we do business.
We built our reputation as experts in the field of Canadian immigration law by delivering quality advice quickly and honestly and by standing behind the individuals and organizations we serve.
Our services involve:
- Facilitating the international mobility of business people, professionals, artists and family members into Canada – including transfers of executives, managers and highly specialized employees
- Arranging for international workers and visitors to carry out business and employment activities in Canada
- Applying for Labour Market Impact Assessments LMIA, formerly called Labour Market Opinions LMO, under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program TFWP
- Advising on Canadian advertising requirements and recruitment strategies for work and immigrant visas including the new Express Entry program
- Representing employers in connection with Employer Compliance Reviews and related government inspections, penalties, suspensions and revocations
- Providing advice and strategies for maintaining compliance with the Temporary Foreign Worker Program TFWP and International Mobility Program IMP
- Transitioning foreign workers and international students to permanent residents under the provincial nomination and federal skilled worker and trades programs. Aiding with applications under the Express Entry
- Assisting with the retention of permanent residence status by way of permanent resident PR card applications or visa office and port of entry determinations of compliance with residency obligations
- Advocating on inadmissibility to Canada because of criminal or medical histories or past breaches of the immigration rules
- Preparing Canadian citizenship and family class applications, including sponsorship of spouses, partners and dependent children
Betsy helped my family and I immigrate to Canada. Betsy is an excellent support and very reliable source of information. The application was difficult owing to CIC program changes, but thanks to Betsy we successfully became permanent residents of Canada.
Dr. Irina Smirnova & Max Alsayar
My sponsorship was complicated as I immigrated to Canada as a child and left a few years thereafter. The solution involved filing multiple applications to re-acquire permanent residence status. Betsy demonstrated confidence and knowledge about cases like mine. We felt we were in the best possible hands throughout the process. We received excellent service from an experienced professional. I landed in just over 6 months.
Harald Heuser, Spousal Sponsorship
As a technology startup, we actively recruit and hire individuals with very specific skill sets from around the globe. Capelle Kane has shown deep expertise in immigration practices while seamlessly helping both our team and our candidates through the immigration process. Betsy and Tamara are knowledgeable and resourceful guides who deliver favourable results.
Elisha Gray, Chief of Staff, Street Contxt, Toronto
Working within the academic sector, we get added value from their expertise and understanding of academic applications. They are very pro-active in providing updates to relevant changes in immigration law offering a great resource for HR professionals. Capelle Kane provides top quality service!
Director Human Resources, Canadian University